Sports Injury Treatment with Our West Babylon Chiropractor
Our Long Island chiropractor, Dr. Chris Hansen and the health team at Hansen Chiropractic invite you to our healing center when you are struggling with a sports injury. Sports injuries are more than painful and physically limiting. They are also frustrating since often they prevent you from participating in your favorite activities. In addition, most sports injuries occur suddenly although some slowly increase in intensity due to overuse or lack of rest while training. Regardless of the cause, Dr. Hansen evaluates your condition to determine the best chiropractic care plan to reduce your recovery time and get you back to playing your favorite games.
Common Sports Injuries and Chiropractic Treatments
Sports injuries include a variety of concerns such as concussions, back pain, joint pain, muscle strains and herniated discs. You may also experience inflammation in connective tissues such as a ligament or tendon. One of the more common ligaments is the ACL which supports your knee stability and can be injured in a fall, collision, misstep or overuse. Dr. Hansen uses gentle chiropractic care to support the healing of a ligament and tendon along with other sports injuries that affect muscles, joints and your spine.
After a complete diagnosis, your chiropractic care plan may include a variety of treatments such as:
- Chiropractic manipulations - Dr. Hansen gently positions your spine and joints into a healthier, pain-free alignment for successful healing.
- Traction - to improve the healing of back injuries.
- Cold laser therapy - if your injury is muscular, laser therapy reaches into the deep layers of muscle tissue to promote fast healing.
- Cold therapy- to reduce inflammation, our office uses cold therapy.
- Myofascial release - this technique eliminates muscle tension and prevents scar tissue build up from your muscle injuries.
- Trigger point therapy - focusing on particular trigger points, we release these tight areas to improve flexibility and speedier recovery.
- Orthotics - if an imbalance in the way you walk is contributing to your injuries, our chiropractor speaks with you about custom footwear to support your movements.
- Exercise - we use corrective exercises to improve strength and flexibility, which also reduces your risks of future sports injuries.
Contact Us Today for Sports Injury Treatment
Dr. Hansen looks forward to speaking with you about our natural approach to healing sports injuries. Our techniques focus on strengthening your body's natural abilities, which also strengthens you for your favorite activities. With consistent care, your injuries heal faster and you are less likely to be injured in the future. Do not let your sports injury go untreated, as you may end up with chronic complications. Instead, schedule your appointment at Hansen Chiropractic today by calling 631-321-5400.